- Marriage & Relationship
- Adolescents 18 – 19
- Adults 20 – 65
- Seniors 65+
Areas of Special Focus
- Adjustment Issues
- Anger Management (Adult)
- Anxiety (Adult)
- Career & Work Issues
- Chemical Dependency
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Coping Skills
- Depression (Adult)
- Divorce Recovery
- Grief and Loss
- Interpersonal Relationship Conflicts
- Low Self-esteem and Self-Worth (Adult)
- Marital Distress
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Phobias (Adult)
- Single Parenting
- Spiritual Relationship & Growth
- Stress Management
- Work – Life Balance
Dr. Gary Vikesland has been working in the mental health field for over 25 years. Over that time, he has developed a diverse base of experience. Gary is a licensed psychologist and is certified as an employee assistance professional. He enjoys working with clients 18 years and older.
Gary has experience working with people in different occupations, e.g., doctors, nurses, teachers, counselors, police officers, executives, and pastors.
Gary utilizes a cognitive-behavioral and solution-focused short-term counseling approach to assist individuals and families in resolving their problems and achieving their goals. In addition, Gary helps people understand the role that Christ and His grace play in the process of healing and changing.
Licensures & Certifications
- Licensed Psychologist (LP3160)
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional
Education & Additional Training
- Capella University, PhD in Psychology
- Pepperdine University, MA in Counseling Psychology
- University of Minnesota, BA in Psychology
- His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage, by Willard F. Harley, Jr.
- The Feeling Good Handbook, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- When Panic Attacks, by David D. Burns, M.D.
- Freedom from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: A Personalized Recovery Program for Living with Uncertainty, by Jonathan Grayson, Ph.D.